| Puneet Singla
Welcome to the LAIRS Laboratories Wiki.
We are located in the Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering Department of University at Buffalo [Map]. Our group focuses on research related to the general area of uncertainty propagation, nonlinear filtering, stochastic control and multi-resolution modeling.
LAIRS lab is equipped with Quanser's 2-DOF helicopter, four Dragonfly's quadrotor, and state-of-the-art VICON's 3D motion capturing system. The main feature of the VICON motion capture system is their smart cameras with three high speed on-board processors which allows on board intelligent image processing and thus, delivers data faster(up to 1000 frames per second). In addition to this, the LAIRS lab also houses the VIDERE Design and MobileRobots's Pioneer 3 DX mobile platforms capable of carrying a full load of robotics equipment, including an integrated PC, indoors and outdoors laser rangefinder, pan tilt unit, sonar ring, Pioneer 3DX robot arm and stereo camera.
The simulation environment in the LAIRS lab uses MATLAB/Simulink, Maple, Mathematica, Microsoft Visual Studio .NET, Java and C/C++ extensively.
- [06/05/14] CONGRATULATIONS to Kumar Vishwajeet for winning the best session presentation award at 2014 American Control Conference.
- [06/03/14] CONGRATULATIONS to Nagavenkat for winning the best session presentation award at 2014 American Control Conference.
- [06/03/14] Dr. Singla organized a workshop in collaboration with Dr. Raktim Bhattacharya from Texas A&M on recent advances in uncertainty analysis and estimation at 2014 American Control Conference. [Workshop Announcement] [Notes]
- [05/14/14] Reza has successfully defended his Ph.D. dissertation titled ``Model-Data Fusion and Adaptive Sensing of Large Scale Systems: Application to Atmospheric Release Incidents." CONGRATULATIONS, Dr. Madankan!!!
- [04/01/14] CONGRATULATIONS to Nagavenkat for winning the NAGS (NorthEastern Association of Graduate School) MS thesis award.
- [03/25/14] CONGRATULATIONS to Nagavenkat for winning the second prize in 2014 MAE Graduate Student Poster Competition for poster titled ``MAXIMUM ENTROPY APPROACH FOR CONJUNCTION PROBABILITY ANALYSIS. [.pdf].
- [12/14/13] CONGRATULATIONS to Reza for getting the travel support to attend 2014 SIAM UQ Meeting.
- [06/24/13] CONGRATULATIONS to Nagavenkat for winning two best session presentation awards at 2013 American Control Conference.